Floating Cube is a Singaporean company with a presence in Vietnam since 2009. We make EPOS – a point-of-sale and business management platform with over 200 customers in Singapore including Parkway Hospitals, Paris Baguette and Nanyang Technological University.
Our current technical challenges include shifting our system from web to native apps (JS/Python -> C#) and to faster, more performant servers (Python -> Golang), from the ground up, while developing new products in the self-service kiosk and business intelligence space.
In the past, we made beautiful, polished mobile apps for global clients, including MNCs such as Citibank and Louis Vuitton. We’ve been doing this since 2009. We specialise in consumer-facing apps, and have over 30 apps in the Google and iOS App Stores under our own brands.
(If you’ve used Citibank’s mobile rewards program app, anywhere in the Asia Pacific region you’ve touched code written by us!)
Your application, please send to: email@example.com;
CV and cover letter should be in English.
Benefits: a minimum of 17m VND in salary, full medical insurance, paid rotations to Singapore (meaning we fly you to Singapore and let you work with our business clients directly), and an environment that actually encourages code quality, testing, and investment in our employees.
YOUR SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in a major object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Python, C-family)
- Proficiency in bash and Linux is a must.
- Familiarity with deployment / provisioning tools (e.g. Docker, Ansible) is nice but not necessary.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and frameworks. This is quite important to us: we try out and adopt new frameworks quite frequently, due to our past as a mobile consulting firm.
- Intermediate proficiency in English.
- We are willing to hire employees without undergraduate degrees in IT, and willing to train promising programmers. Our interviews will be focused on coding ability, not paper qualifications.
- Passion for code quality and improvement!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
Unlike many companies in Vietnam, we’re not an outsourcing company or a service company (we don’t build apps for outside companies). We build actual products that we own, for real customers that we talk to.
This allows us to do a few things that we couldn’t, as a service company.
We do code reviews on a weekly basis, and execute product iterations no more than 6 weeks in length. All our engineers have monthly learning goals, worked out by a manager. We also care that our engineers get a feel for the users that we’re building for, so we send a different Vietnamese engineer to Singapore every month to talk to users and to oversee actual product deployments.
We expect new hires to constantly learn new technologies and new techniques as applied to our current problems, and fully welcome opinions on the implementation of our current products.
We provide basic healthcare insurance (inpatient and outpatient coverage) and lots of coffee. Come say hi!Apply Now!